at Perris Valley Church
Ministry Job Title: Worship Leader
Accountable To: Lead Pastor
Time Requirement: 5 hours per week
The Worship Leader oversees musical, artistic, and production elements for worship services and church events. Leaders provide leadership and direction to equip the worship team and technical team volunteers to fulfill the church’s mission through worship ministry.
Evaluation of this position will be performed by the Pastor on an annual basis.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
This person must be spiritually mature, teachable, trustworthy, humble to follow, and able to lead. This individual must have passion, experience, and competencies in working with volunteers of all ages and spiritual maturities.
- Must be baptized in Jesus’ Name.
- Must live a Godly Lifestyle.
- Must be faithful to Tithing and Offerings.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus and a vital, growing, personal relationship with Him.
- Will live out our Core Values and agree with our Doctrinal Statement.
- Must be self-motivated, humble, teachable, and relational.
- Works with diligence, integrity, creativity, and energy.
- Has experience in building and developing relationships.
- Will have a proven track record of building and cultivating successful and effective teams and volunteers.
- Is a creative planner.
- Shall be loyal to the Pastor, keeping his confidence at all times, never allowing him/herself to be drawn into controversial situations that could hinder his/her relationship with the Pastor or Church.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in leading worship with strong vocal ability.
- The capability of leading with a guitar and/or keyboard is a plus, but not a requirement. The ability to lead with piano/video accompaniment is a minimum necessary.
- Experience leading worship ministry and/or technical teams.
- Desire to create a dynamic environment that encourages worship.
- Strong project management, event production, and planning skills
- Understanding of sound and media equipment.
- Must Be Proficient With Planning Center, ProPresenter, Worship Tracks, Multi-Tracks, Guitar or Piano, Vocals, Harmonies, and teaching/leading players and singers.
- Some work may be accomplished remotely, but most will be in person.
- Faces various deadlines associated with rehearsals and set lists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to worship ministry to fulfill the church’s mission.
- Recruit and train worship team and technical team volunteers.
- Determine set lists and production elements for weekly worship service.
- Assist in planning, implementing, and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services.
- When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create well-planned and engaging Sunday worship services. This includes leading the Sunday Worship service.
- Develop, cast, and implement a vision for Worship ministry to and through a qualified team at Perris Valley Church.
- Attend 1-on-1 meetings with the Pastor.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Define the weekly, monthly, and quarterly plan for worship at Perris Valley Church.
- Collaborate with the tech team members about weekend services
- Develop consistent standards of excellence in worship ministry areas
- Recap and discuss highs and lows in worship with ministry leaders
- Develop service order and plan using Planning Center
- Develop rotations of volunteers and staff members for worship teams
As We Grow:
- Lead weekly rehearsals and sound checks.
- Schedule weekly rotation for the worship team and technical team volunteers.
- Encourage the development of the worship team and technical team volunteers.
- Recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility.
- Overseeing the worship team (vocalists and instrumentalists). Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Senior Pastor to coordinate the music for the Sunday service.
The Win: Crafting excellent, inspiring, and distraction-free worship services is the primary goal for the Worship Leader at Perris Valley Church. Balancing the commitment, time, and talents of yourself and volunteers will be a huge win.
IN GENERAL: This person will assist the Senior Pastor in fulfilling the mission and vision of Perris Valley Church.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and/or links to your worship videos to: firstname.lastname@example.org